Greetings ladies and gents…
Welcome to the internet’s best collection of explore quotes.
Whether you’re looking for fill your wanderlust tank, or you just need a quote about exploring for an epic Instagram caption…you’re in the right place.
See, I’m kinda obsessed with quotes.
Over the past three decades of life (yeah, I’m that old!), I’ve noticed something peculiar…
We humans tend to get ourselves into ruts.
We get comfortable. We get stuck in boring routines. We settle.
Most “normal” people don’t mind this.
But you and I?
We’re not like most people.
We want to suck out all the awesomeness this life has to offer—to live every day to the max. And to do that, we need to keep our inspiration tanks topped up.
Lucky for you, this list of explore quotes was designed specially for inspiration tanks…
So start fillin’ her up!
Note: Feel free to use any of these explore quote images wherever you like. (But if you use them on your website, please credit me with a link 😇). For even more inspiration, check out this huge list of adventure quotes.
Table of Contents
Quotes on Exploring
1. “Exploration is curiosity put into action.”
2. “But I suppose there’s a lot to see everywhere, if only you keep your eyes open.”
3. “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.”
4. “Travel…the best way to be lost and found at the same time.”
5. “Wanderlust: (n) A strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.”
6. “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.”
7.”Not all those who wander are lost.”
8. “Traveling—it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
9. “Life is short and the world is wide.”
Explore the World Quotes
10. “Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip.“
—Robert J. Hastings
11. “It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.”
—Henry David Thoreau
12. “Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.”
13. “Be brave, take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.”
14. “I’d rather have a passport full of stamps, than a house full of stuff.”
15. “I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of treasure. It’s all a question of how I view my life.”
16. “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.”
Short Explore Quotes
17. “Never stop exploring.”
18. “Born to explore the world.”
19. “Create a life you don’t need a vacation from.”
20. “Live simply and explore”
21. “Never lose your sense of wonder.”
22. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.”
23. “Wander often, wonder always.”
24. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.”
Quotes About Exploring Nature
25. “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
26. “This wonderful world was created to be explored.”
27. “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.”
28. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
29. “Why seek to scale Mount Everest, queen of the air; why strive to crown that cruel crest, and deathward dare? Said Mallory of Dauntless Quest, “Because it’s there.”
Famous Explorer Quotes
30. “The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what’s in between, and they took great pleasure in doing just that.”
31. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
32. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
—Robert Louis Stevenson
33. “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”
―Henry Ward Beecher
34. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”
35. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”
36. “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
Explore Life Quotes
37. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.”
38. “Travel has the ability to enrich your life in some way, shape, or form—you return a different person than when you arrived.”
39. “It’s not leaving that you should fear, but staying forever in the same place.”
40. “…There ain’t no journey that don’t change you some.”
41. “Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.”
42. “Explore as much as you can, as far as you can, for as long as you can. Because eventually, the day will come when you can’t.
43. “The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.”
44. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket.”
45. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.”
46. “Discover your passion, then take one step every day to live it.”
47. “The places you have seen and the memories you have made can never be taken from you.”
Quotes About Exploring the Unknown
48. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.”
49. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. so throw off the bowlines. catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
50. “To explore a new place—not knowing where you’ll end up—is adrenaline at its purest.”
—Mitchell A. Glass
51. “People who don’t travel cannot have a global view, all they see is what’s in front of them. Those people cannot accept new things because all they know is where they live.”
52. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.”
53. “Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, life is not meant to be lived in one place.”
54. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”
55. “People never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.”
What Are Your Favorite Quotes On Exploring The World?
So what do you think guys?
Feeling full yet?
I know I am.
I’m always on the lookout for new explore quotes. Do you have any favorites that I missed?
If so, leave them in the comments below and I’ll get them added!
Happy exploring 😎!
Wanna save all these quotes and images for later? Pin it here ⬇
Mitch is your typical nomadic backpacker. Or at least, he was. But after stopping in Colombia to take “one week” of salsa lessons, his life took a sharp left turn. He met a cute Colombian girl in dance class, fell in love, and got married. Over half a decade has passed since he left his career to travel the world as a digital nomad, and he’s never looked back.
Nowadays, he’s the blogger behind Project Untethered — where he runs an awesome email newsletter and Youtube channel teaching adventure-craved wanderlusters how to escape the rat race, earn money from anywhere, and build an “untethered life”.
His advice has been featured in Forbes, USA Today, Yahoo, MSN, Reader’s Digest, Condé Nast Traveler, and more.
Mitch's Travel Recommendations:
Travel Planning Resources - Everything you need to plan your trip on one convenient page.
Safetywing Insurance - This cheap travel insurance has saved me over $15,000 in medical bills.
Booking.com - Book accommodation without adding your credit card (in case you need to cancel).
Skyscanner - Find cheap flights.
Trusted House Sitters - Take care of pets in exchange for free (sometimes luxury) accommodation.
Flexjobs - Find remote jobs without having to sift through crappy ones.
Skillshare - Free trial to take unlimited classes that teach digital nomad skills.
Anytime Mailbox - Virtual mail service that can handle your mail while you’re away.
Wise - Send and receive money abroad cheaply (great for freelancers).